Many people are fed up about the new Spotify client, and for good reason. They have disabled ctrl+F searching within playlists, and this after promising to bring it back to artist pages. Instead of fixing that they just made it worse.
Then there’s the new completely illogical top bar design.
Spotify apps are a thing of the past with this update, while most of them where quite useless I often enjoyed the app which showed the lyrics to the song I was listening to. (Note there is a similar lyrics function by the shuffle button in the new version. Although it doesn’t seem to be showing up for everyone)
Also you can no longer resize the social bar on the right side.
And as if that wasn’t enough there’s a bug that makes it impossible to start playing a new song by just clicking on the title. Forcing you to restart spotify.
There is actually a whole lot more to add to the list of problems after reading around on the internet.
Quite frankly Spotify is so great because it makes it easier to pay for music than to pirate it. If Spotify were to ruin that they would not only be hurting themselves but effectively enabling piracy..
Now here’s how you fix it.
Just install the last well working version and stop auto updating. All old features will be back, but let’s hope Spotify gets their shit together eventually.
1. Close Spotify
2. Go to %appdata%spotify by entering ‘%appdata%spotify’ into ‘Run’. (Search for ‘Run’ in the start menu
3. Delete Spotify_new.exe if existing
4. Create a empty text document, rename it to Spotify_new.exe (if you don’t see .txt etc. activate file extension’s first).
5. Right click on the Spotify_new.exe and go to the properties, set the attribute Read-only.
6. Download old Spotify, here’s the latest version before the mess up. Or you can google it.
7. Install it.
Reversing this is as simple as removing ‘Spotify_new.exe’, then downloading the new Spotify.exe and install it over the old one.